I enjoyed a delicious and healthy dining date with my sweet man this past weekend. It was so enjoyable to get away from the chores and projects and obligations and just sit on the back deck of our favorite restaurant in perfect weather and catch up on each other as friends and sweeties.
Dinner was awesome too. We enjoyed a short visit with friends that were also there on a date and were surprised by some beautiful tunes played and sung by another friend that was performing that night.
While the restaurant is owned by some of our close friends and awesome people, its our favorite restaurant for so many other reasons:
- I can trust the ingredients–no worries about those not-so-obvious ingredients that I don’t want to eat
- The menu selection is always tasty and covers a wide variety of preferences whether I’m in the mood for a smoothie, a salad-type creation, something grilled, traditional fare like meatloaf or a hamburger, a delicious and hearty soup, something vegan, or even just a fabulous dessert and coffee.
- If I need something tweaked, it’s not a problem and it’s not just lip-service
- Health and freshness counts, so I get a big nutrient boost for the price
- The environment is relaxing and definitely promotes healthy digestion
Are you planning an outing with your special someone? Depending on where you are in your journey, health challenges, priorities and goals and other areas of your life that impact your choices, here are a few suggestions that you might find helpful:
- Check out the menu online before you get there and select a few options for consideration that fit your goals.
- When in doubt, take your condiments with you to avoid toxic ingredients in things like salad dressings and sweeteners. Isn’t that what purses are for?
- Don’t be afraid to ask. They’re just people. Sometimes a change can’t be done, and that will help you make your best decision.
- When options are limited, avoid gravies, sauces, cheeses, and breading. There are so many other ways to enjoy a flavorful meal without wondering what ingredients were included
- Take your time. Healthy digestion means slow eating in a relaxed state.
- Prep and/or plan a special dessert or drink at home before heading to the restaurant to enjoy upon your return
Let’s face it. Not all restaurants even offer healthy options or a relaxed and fun environment or are even in the ballpark on interest in those areas. Hey. That’s okay. Just be mindful of that and choose to set yourself and your special someone up for success when picking the locale.